14 Quick and Easy Ways to Burn Calories
Working on weight loss? Then you probably want results — fast. Let me save you some time: skip the fad diets. Their results don’t last. And you have healthier options you can start on — today! Doesn’t hurt to find out yourself if the following claims and methods work for you. Surely some calories will be reduced through the following tips. If you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds. If you want to lose weight faster, you’ll need to eat less and exercise more.
10 Do-Anywhere Exercises to Burn 200 Calories in Under 3 Minutes
- Jumping jacks. These do-anywhere moves pump up your heart rate in no time.
- Mountain climbers. This cardio move helps strengthen legs and core muscles as well. Learn how to do mountain climbers here.
- Burpees. Swiftly moving from standing to squatting to push-up position challenges all your muscles. Not sure how to do this classic move? Get instructions on how to do a burpee here
- Running up stairs. Run up and down the stairs at home or at your office — you’ll get the added bonus of a toned backside.
- Walking lunges. These lunges help you develop balance while strengthening your core and lower body. Do these briskly, but make sure your form stays correct to prevent knee or ankle strain. Here’s how to do a perfect walking lunge.
- High knees: Run in place while engaging your core and pumping your arms. The goal should be to keep your knees high and maintain an upright posture as you do your speed bursts.
- Frogger: This plank-to-squat move seems simple, but you’ll feel it as you do your 30-second bursts. Begin in a plank position. Jump your feet to the outside of your hands, coming into a deep squat and keeping your hands on the floor, then jump back to plank. Repeat in a quick succession.
- Lateral hops: Make small jumps side to side as if you are jumping over an invisible line.
- Jump squat: Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively. When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
- Box step: Find a step, stool, or box (or aim toes at an imaginary step) and lightly tap your left toes to the box, then jump to switch feet, bringing the right toes up.
The source article has animated photos illustrating and demonstrating all the above exercises.
Click here to see the source article.