Can “Grounding” Relieve All Your Health Problems?
You may not have heard about “grounding”. People have however, discovered that there is a good feeling after having walked on the ground barefooted. But that isn’t all. There are reports of actual reduction of many medical symptoms, healing of injuries, fatigue, and inflammation as a result of this contact. There is some electrical exchange going on that is beneficial. Some products are being sold that mimic this effect for city dwellers who don’t get out barefooted often enough.
Have you ever noticed how good it feels to walk barefoot on a sandy beach, or in a forest? There is a reason for that—it’s called the grounding effect. The reason for this sense of well-being is due to the fact that you’re receiving a surge of potent healing electrons from the ground.
The earth has a slightly negative charge, so when you stand barefoot on that sand, electrons from the earth flow into your body, giving you a virtual “transfusion” of healing power.
Step Sinatra, the son of cardiologist Stephen Sinatra MD, was a Wall Street trader until his health suddenly began to decline, bringing him to the brink of death. He credits his ultimate recovery to learning about grounding, along with a switch to an all-organic diet.
In 2010, his father, Dr. Stephen Sinatra released a book on the healing power of grounding called Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?, co-authored with Clint Ober, one of the pioneers in this field.
Earthing may actually be one of the best-kept secrets for preventing blood clots—it’s an old practice gaining a new appreciation! In the simplest terms, Earthing (or grounding your body to the earth) is what occurs when you walk barefoot on bare soil, grass, sand, brick, etc. Free electrons are transferred from the earth into your body through your feet, and these electrons are some of the most potent antioxidants known to man.
One of the most important discoveries about Earthing is that it makes your blood less viscous, which has profound implications for your cardiovascular health because virtually every aspect of cardiovascular disease has been correlated with elevated blood viscosity. Earthing is so effective at achieving a blood thinning effect that anyone take prescription anticoagulants like Coumadin need to lower their dosage if they start to implement Earthing.
When you ground, your red blood cells have more charge on their surface, which forces them to repel each other, so they have less tendency to “stick together” and form a clot. This causes your blood to flow more easily and your blood pressure to drop. Even a very small blood clot can kill you if it lodges in a critical area of your body, so this “blood thinning” has profound health benefits. Research shows that it takes about 80 minutes for the free electrons from the earth to reach your blood stream and transform your blood. One warning: if you take Coumadin, Earthing is contraindicated as it may thin your blood too much.
By implementing many of the strategies outlined above, you will make far greater progress than relying on drugs such as aspirin, which nearly always come with adverse effects. Remember, heart attacks are not caused by an aspirin deficiency, as some would have you believe!
- Free radical stress from exposure to mercury pollution, cigarettes, insecticides, pesticides, trans fats, radiation, and many others, continually deplete your body of electrons
- Grounding effectively alleviates inflammation because it thins your blood and infuses you with negatively charged ions through the soles of your feet
- When you are grounded to the earth, the negatively charged electrons you receive increase the structure of the water in your cells
- Living water is negatively charged water. This water can hold energy, much like a battery, and can deliver energy too. When you ground, you are charging every single cell in your body with energy your body can use for self-healing
- Surfaces that will allow your body to ground include: sand, beach, grass, bare soil, concrete, brick, and ceramic tile
- A safer, more effective approach to heart health is reducing chronic inflammation through diet, exercise, sun exposure, and grounding yourself to the earth
article source: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/02/grounding-earthing.aspx
photo credit: Google Images