Can Metal Fillings In Your Mouth Make You Really Sick?
The dangers of amalgam fillings, which are composed of about 50 percent mercury, are becoming widely known. Even conventional news outlets, like NBC affiliate WCNC News in Charlotte, are featuring stories with headlines reading “Metal fillings in your teeth could make you sick.”
This would have been controversial even a few years back, and although health agencies like the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the American Dental Association (ADA) still remain staunch advocates of dental amalgams, the evidence is quickly being stacked against them.
Many are unaware that dental mercury is a danger to dental practitioners, patients, and the environment. In fact, in the US, dentist offices are the largest source of mercury in wastewater entering publicly owned treatment works. Once there, dental mercury converts to methylmercury, a highly toxic form of mercury known to be hazardous to brain and nervous system function, particularly in fetuses and young children. Mercury is extremely dangerous once in the air, water, and soil — levels gradually increase over time, as it accumulates. It’s no wonder then that contaminated fish and other seafood are the largest dietary source of mercury in the US, courtesy of polluted waterways.
You can read the complete report by clicking here.
- Mercury vapors from amalgam fillings readily pass through cell membranes, across your blood-brain barrier, and into your central nervous system
- Once in your brain, mercury can cause psychological, neurological, and immunological problems
- Children and fetuses, whose brains are still developing, are clearly most at risk, but anyone can be impacted, and the health risks increase the longer you have your fillings
- Even conventional news outlets, like NBC affiliate WCNC News in Charlotte, are featuring stories on the dangers of amalgam fillings, with headlines reading “Metal fillings in your teeth could make you sick”
- For those of you who have mercury fillings, It is recommended that you have them removed by an experienced biological dentist, but get healthy prior to doing so
article source: http://www.fitnessandhealthyliving.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=3186&action=edit
photo credit: Google Images
Amalgam Illness, Diagnosis and Treatment : What You Can Do to Get Better, How Your Doctor Can Help
Himself and amalgam victim, Cutler describes the weird world of an amalgam patient in a very initiated way. Mercury and other heavy metals take up residence in the active site of liver enzymes where some essential substance is supposed to be sitting.